What to expect?
Learn how to marble paper and create the patterns seen on the covers of old books and the motifs and flowers seen in traditional Turkish Ebru.
James has opened his Ebru Studio for marbling workshops on a regular basis with the aim of providing colourful and fun, entertaining and informative opportunities to immerse yourself in the wonder of painting on water!
James will take you through the process step by step, ensuring absolute beginners will produce work they are proud of.
Experienced marblers will benefit from being encouraged to explore new techniques unique to Turkish Ebru.
Follow this link and scroll down to videos of beginners trying there hand at Ebru Play Videos
Cost of Workshops
- 1 hour @ £40 per A4 tray (up to 2 people can share) For those who want a quick play/brush up on technique.
- 2 hour @ £65 per A4 tray (up to 2 people can share)Recommended for beginners who can’t spare a full day, most will produce 7/8 pieces.
- 3 hour @£85 per A4 tray (up to 2 people can share)For all levels wishing to get really stuck in and develop.
For an additional supplement James can provide prepared wooden cutouts ready to marble, ask for details.
Now offering- Full Day Workshop- £90 per person
- Taking place over 5/6 hours, with a maximum of five participants.
- Suitable for complete beginners and experienced marblers.
- James can tailor the workshops to the needs of the individual. You set your own pace and goal for the day.
- Learn techniques to create the flowers and motifs seen in traditional Turkish Ebru.
- Work on A4 tray with option to work on A3 tray by request.
- Includes marbling onto at least 3 wood cutouts, such as hearts, butterflies and bunnies.
Group Bookings & Discounts
Groups of 2 will receive £10 discount per person (total £160)
If you wish to book out the session for a group of 4 to 6 a £15 discount per person can be applied. Ask for details.
BYO food and alcohol is permitted (sensible limits!)
For larger groups (6/12) arrangements for an alternative venue can be made. Ask for details.
James can tailor workshops for businesses wishing to offer motivational and team building experiences.
James partners with a highly qualified and experienced human resource consultant who specialises in reflective thinking skills, personal and professional development.
The participants will experience a unique, fun and focused workshop combining the creative process with developmental skills applicable to the professional environment. Ask for details.
The marbling workshops are held in James’ Ebru Studio, part of the creative community located in the stunning, newly regenerated Hotwalls studios, Old Portsmouth. Find us.
The Hotwalls Studios are located in the unique and important heritage buildings, known collectively as Point Battery, complete with toilet facilities, brasserie/cafe and access to the beach.
Hire me for your event, schools, festivals, weddings etc
Taking bookings now for 2019
Dates and times are flexible, I generally make Thursday, Friday and Saturdays available for full day workshops. I will try to be as accommodating as possible, contact me with a suggested date and we’ll go from there.
Free marbling ‘have-a-go’ sessions are also available, like the Facebook page to find out when, remember to select ‘see first’ its under the ‘follow’ tab.
You can also email me and ask to be added to my email newsletter regarding events and new designs.
Gift vouchers are available from £10, redeemable against classes and products. Contact me with your preference and I will give you payment details, once paid I will send you a handmade voucher to present to the lucky recipient! The voucher is redeemable up to 1 year from issue.
Please register your interest through the contact page